In efforts to bring volleyball to our area youth, we have partnered with Kalamazoo Public Elementary schools. This program will be offered to both girls and boys who are in the 4th and 5th grades.
The goal and objective of this program shall be to provide enjoyment and instruction of the game of volleyball. Good sportsmanship and basic fundamentals should be implemented by all coaches.
Each school will form a team of a combination of 12 young men and/or young women within their school. Study table will be the first 30 minutes of every practice to allow for homework completion. A school liaison (teacher) will run the study table for the student-athletes.
Registration for participation shall be coordinated and conducted by Premier Athletics and each elementary school that is hosting a team. Registration will be available online or directly after the pre-season Volleyball Clinic. The registration fee is $70** per participant.
**A limited number of scholarships are available, on a first come first serve basis, to those who qualify.
Registration is currently closed.
- Each location will provide 2 practice opportunities a week. Practices will be about 2 hours after school on Tuesday and Thursday or Monday and Wednesday.
- 1 1.5 hours will be allotted for practice on the court. .5 hours will be allotted for study table.
- There will be a match on Saturday where each team will play only one game.
- Practices are held at agreed upon time when school and coach have availability.
- Players are encouraged, but not required to wear knee pads to practice and games. Please Note: Parents are responsible to buy knee pads if desired.