In efforts to bring volleyball to our area youth, we have partnered with 4 Kalamazoo Public Elementary schools to kick off a pilot program for the spring of 2022. This pilot program will be offered to both girls and boys who are in the 4th and 5th grades at the following schools.
Prairie Ridge Elementary
The goal and objective of this program shall be to provide enjoyment and instruction of the game of volleyball. Good sportsmanship and basic fundamentals should be implemented by all coaches.
Each school will form a team of a combination of 12 young men and/or young women within their school. Study table will be the first 30 minutes of every practice to allow for homework completion. A school liaison (teacher) will run the study table for the student-athletes.
Registration for participation shall be coordinated and conducted by Premier Athletics and each elementary school that is hosting a team. Registration will be available online or directly after the pre-season Youth Volleyball Clinic is held.
Registration for our 2022 season has now closed.
- Each location will provide 2 practice opportunities a week for 5 weeks. Practices will be about 2 hours after school on Tuesday and Thursday or Monday and Wednesday.
- 1 1.5 hours will be allotted for practice on the court. .5 hours will be allotted for study table.
- There will be a match on Saturday where each team will play only one game.
- Practices are held at agreed upon time when school and coach have availability.
- An end of the season single-elimination tournament will not be held during this pilot program.
All games will be held Saturday mornings 10:00AM-11:30AM at the WMU Student Recreation Center
1st game- May 7th 2nd game- May 14th 3rd game- May 21st
1v2 3v4 2v3 4v1 1v3 2v4
Players are encouraged, but not required to wear knee pads to practice and games.
Please Note: Parents are responsible to buy knee pads if desired.
We will promote and enforce the 24-hour rule which states: a parent should not contact a coach until after 24 hours to make remarks, complaints, or negative observations about a volleyball game. This does not include emergencies.
Any issues can be directed to the head coach of your team or our program director, Megan Hill: email@example.com