At Premier Athletics for Youth Development a diverse, inclusive, and equitable
workplace is one where all employees and volunteers, whatever their gender, race,
ethnicity, national origin, age, sexual orientation or identity, education, or disability, feels
valued and respected. We are committed to a nondiscriminatory approach and provide
equal opportunity for volunteering, employment, and advancement in all our
departments, programs, and worksites. We respect and value diverse life experiences
and heritages and ensure that all voices are valued and heard.
We are committed to modeling diversity and inclusion for the entire youth development
industry of the nonprofit sector, and to maintaining an inclusive environment with
equitable treatment for all.
To provide informed, authentic leadership for cultural equity, Premier Athletics for Youth
Development strives to:
- See diversity, inclusion, and equity as connected to our mission and critical to
ensure the well-being of our staff, volunteers, and the youth communities we
- Acknowledge and dismantle any inequities within our policies, systems,
programs, and services, and continually update and report organization progress.
- Advocate for and support board-level thinking about how systemic inequities
impact our organization’s work, and how best to address that in a way that is
consistent with our mission.
- Help to challenge assumptions about what it takes to be a strong leader at our
organization, and who is well-positioned to provide leadership.
- Commit time and resources to expand more diverse leadership within our board,
staff, committee, and advisory bodies.
- Lead with respect and tolerance. We expect all staff and volunteers to embrace
this notion and to express it in workplace interactions and through everyday
Premier Athletics for Youth Development abides by the following action items to help promote diversity and inclusion in our workplace:
- Pursue cultural competency throughout our organization by creating substantive
learning opportunities and formal, transparent policies.
- Generate and aggregate quantitative and qualitative research related to equity
to make incremental, measurable progress toward the visibility of our diversity,
inclusion, and equity efforts.
- Improve our cultural leadership pipeline by creating and supporting programs and
policies that foster leadership that reflects the diversity of American society.
- Pool resources and expand offerings for underrepresented constituents by
connecting with other youth organizations committed to diversity and inclusion
- Develop and present sessions on diversity, inclusion, and equity to provide
information and resources internally, and to members, the community, and the
youth development industry.
- Challenge systems and policies that create inequity, oppression, and disparity.