Premier Athletics for Youth Development provides registration fee scholarships to local student-athletes, who without this financial assistance would not otherwise be able to participate. The Premier Athletics Scholarship Assistance program focuses on providing opportunities for our area youth to participate in sports for the physical, mental, and character-training benefits that this program can provide. Scholarship assistance will be dependent upon the Premier Athletics funds available and the actual need shown. Please be aware that our financial assistance funds are limited! Our primary goal is to help as many young athletes participate that we possibly can. Due to the severity to the continuing economic crisis we anticipate a large number of requests for assistance this season. In an effort to help out as many folks as we can and with the knowledge that there are limited funds, we are asking those of you that can afford to utilize our option of monthly installments rather than receiving a scholarship to please do so. To make payment arrangements contact your child’s team director. Rather than offering full scholarships we would like to offer more partial scholarships to help out more families in need this season. Awards of assistance are NOT guaranteed to every applicant.
Requirements for eligibility:
- Athlete must be between 1st and 6th grade.
- Commitment to attend a minimum of 80% of scheduled practices and games.
- Participation by a family member in at least one (1) volunteer opportunity during the scholarship season.
- Application must be completed by a parent, guardian, or head of household, with all requested information provided. (Incomplete applications will not be considered.)
- Cannot have received scholarships from other organizations in addition to that of the Premier Athletics.
Priority will be given to eligible youth meeting one or more of the criteria below:
- Member of a multi-child family.
- Living in a single parent home.
- Receiving assistance from programs such as: Food Stamps, Free or Reduced Lunch program, Medicaid, SSI, Foster Care, WIC, etc.(Please provide written documentation of participation in these programs to receive priority status)
- Written recommendation by school representatives, social workers, youth community center workers, or other social services representatives.
**Approval process of a registration scholarship does not register the participant. You will still need to complete all registration documents as well.